Sunday, June 5, 2011

What makes life worth it??

Yesterday was my last Saturday not working...unfortunately I cannot move home this summer and work my old (amazingly awesome) job at IDT. This is all because I have to work summer school for my speech practicum-which isn't paid :( and I am off track from my original job this Thursday. So I gotta make some cash during the summer to pay bills and to save up for my trek back to Bama (apparently that is what they call it-kinda like Nevada versus Nuhvahda).
Besides my boohooing about not having free weekends anymore, yesterday was grand! Started my morning off right with some homework (yeah not really grand, but I didn't procrastinate), got ready, went to World Market and met up with Jessica and got the coolest gift for our friend and previous roommate Tasha, went to Starbucks (love me some Venti, Iced Black Tea, with no syrup, and light ice), then went home...that was grand, but what really made my life worth it yesterday was...
Cody and I just click. The only bad thing about our relationship is that we can get emotional (kinda like the crazy kind-not sad) and we are impulsive (and this is not usually to our relationship benefit, unfortunately)...ANYWAY-we click, we love to do things together, we love to be silly together, aka we do the oompa loompa dance together, and generally have a comfort level for each other that I honestly have never felt with anybody else. When he wakes up in the middle of the night he will kiss my forehead, snuggle until he gets hot :), and in the morning joke with me that I stole all of his covers, even though he kicked them off. This love is true-intense sometimes, but true. With all that nonsense said, yesterday we went to BestBuy to use up the gift card Jessica got him for his birthday and the kid didn't want to get anything BUT
That's right...Eclipse the movie!!! He said all he wanted to do is watch me watch this movie-he thinks I make funny faces while watching movies, which I do tend to show a lot of different emotions while watching movies.
So luckily no guys read my blog and so he won't feel dethroned on the manhood for buying this movie, but it truly meant a lot. So what makes life worth it??? The simple things in life...with your favorite person. Of course we went to a fabulous birthday party after and when we got home...you guessed it we watched ECLIPSE!!! Love Twilight!! Love my Wallis!! He truly makes my life worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say this was one of the best posts I have read! It put such a smile on my face! When I read this post I wanted to write something but I couldn't find the words, again today I find myself not having the write words to comment on it because you said them all! I mostly wanted to tell you how happy this post made me for you two! Best friends make the best couples and you and Cody truly embody this concept! Keep being fantastic you two and I wish you the most amazing memory filled time in Bama! Laser sight dart guns, Twilight movies, and oompa loompa dances....nothing better!!!

    ReplyDelete