Friday, June 17, 2011

Great food with Yummy friends

Last night I finally, which has been almost two weeks, got to hang out with my j2. Jessica and I had two episodes of The Bachelorette to watch last night (Due to copious amounts of wine we drank, we didn't get through all of them...or even one)-Anyway, I still hate Bentley with a passion and I am unable to give you a weekly update. BUT we did have some amazing food and drinks so I will give you a quick and easy dinner for a summer night.
Yummy Kabobs-
1 Red, Yellow, and Orange bell peppers
2 Red Onions
2 Portobello Mushrooms (or more if you love them like Jess and I do)
Minced garlic
Olive Oil
Optional: Chicken, Steak, Shrimp
-Chop all the veggies up into squares and put them in a large bowl with olive oil and tons of garlic. Mix everything up and make sure everything is coated in olive oil and garlic.
-Soak the wood skewers in water and then start putting the veggies on in an alternating order
-Season the chicken, beef, or shrimp to flavor or general know how. Bryan is an amazing "grill master" so he did the seasoning on the shrimp, beef, and chicken. I know he used butter for the shrimp and something a bit spicier for the beef.
-Put the meat and shrimp on the bbq first and when they have about 10 minutes left to cook put the veggies on.
We drank a cab from Trader Joe's called Velvet Moon-very yummy for 4.99 and then for dessert we had a variety of Nothing Bundt Cake's, which is a fabulous cake shop in Reno. The lemon and red velvet are my favorite! We drank Moscato with dessert, which was also from Trader Joe's and it was in the coolest bottle ever!
Jess and I had a lot of catching up to do, from my trip to Alabama to her trip to Oregon and the general updates of life. It was a great evening and I can't wait for RENO RODEO tonight. j2 will be in the JD tent having a blast for a second night in a row!!! I'm so lucky to have such a great friendship!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs!! Informative and fun to read! LOVED the food and more so the company! Oh and those lemon bits of heaven were amazing!!! The Rodeo was wonderful and the dancing was to perfection! Love my j2! Looking forward to more times!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete