Monday, March 19, 2012

Cody Wallis...and soon to be Mrs.

Cody: "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" *On one knee
Jamie: *Giant gasp "Are you serious right now?"
Cody: "Yes, Jamie Pyle will you Marry Me?"
Cody: "You're my best friend and I love you"
Cody: Will you..."
Jamie: *Headnod
Jamie: "Yes," "YES," "YES," *Insane amount of crying....
Yep-Cody Wallis and I are engaged and that was the little scenario that literally happened on March 17, 2012!
We are super excited and let me just tell you who was the most shocked about this engagement...ME! After dating for 6-ish years, we are taking the leap and getting married. We are shooting for May 18, 2013.
Unfortunately, he is back in Reno and I'm in 'Bama. It sucks being apart, but I know that Cody and I can make it through anything. We've proven that our relationship is insanely strong and we just fit together and we always have...even when we weren't dating.
My first memory of Cody Wallis was when my best friend, Brittney Wyrick (Moore), told me she went to a "dirt bike race" and she met him there in 6th grade. At the end of our 6th grade year, Lincoln County elementary schools took all of their 6th graders fishing at Eagle Valley. I was hanging out/fishing with Brett Barnes, believe it or not-we were buddies in elementary school, and his good 'ol buddy was Cody Wallis. Cody had a fisherman's hat on (Do you remember when those were cool??) and it had "Toad" embroidered on it.
The first time that I realized Cody Wallis was a "hottie" (Common term in 2001) was in Mr. Simkins class in the 7th grade and I kid you not, he was wearing a red FUBU shirt and black pants. I remember it so clearly! He was at the electrical board station and I was across the room...basically drooling-haha not really.
Cody and I were always friendly and "dated" (Is dating in middle school even dating???) in 8th grade and let's just say we were a little "young." However, Cody and I did have our first kiss during Labor Day in Pioche, during the fireworks. I was his first kiss...true story :) and now I'll be his last.
In high school we were both so busy with our own lives that we didn't "date," but he did always sign my yearbook with a "love ya" :) We started "real" dating our senior year. Flash forward 6 years and we are engaged, in love, and getting married!
This kid makes me ridiculously happy and I can't wait to be his wife. We laugh non-stop and have so many fetching inside jokes it's probably obnoxious to be around us. We both can get raging mad at each other and make up 5-seconds later...and our raging mad is because we like to have "debates." There have been numerous times where we had to leave the Holaks because we were shooting daggers from our eyes and by the time we got to the car we were laughing at each other. We get each other...completely and irrevocably. I love me some Wallis.
2006
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment